First set of prototypes done!

(Okay, “done” may be a bit of an overstatement, but we’re really close!)

Yesterday at the space, four of us met to work on the Educube project for the Great Global Hackerspace Challenge. We started with one working display mounted to a custom shield that Jim had designed. We also had one display mounted to a PCB that was not working, 4 new displays, and new custom shields (with a speaker for sound!) to assemble.

After some soldering and a bit of troubleshooting we ended up with 6 working displays and 4 stacks of all the parts of our Educubes.  We have one extra arduino clone and IrDA board to put together to make up the guts of the fifth Educube. (See photos below.)

Leave a Reply