Workshop 88 Maker Meeting, December 8, 2020: YouTube link
This Week’s Topics & Discussions
- Useful tools – Show and tell featuring useful and unusual tools and tips from the bench and shop; some home made, some 3D printed, some bought, and one a mix of all of the above!
- Tom Matukas – Laser Choir update
- Rick Stewart – Integrating an old (UL Certified) workhorse (X10 Modules) into a modern home automation system
- Andrew Morrison – Ender 3 Pro resume after power outage and More laser cut and engraved optical illusion ornaments
- Ender 3 Pro 3D printer discussion – Experienced and novice 3D printing people discuss experiences and share tips about their old and new Ender 3 Pro 3D printers.
- 3D printing – Print failures
- YouTube link to this event: YouTube link
- Useful tools links (not all tools listed, more are in the video):
- Peter: 3D printed Pin vises link1, link2
- Scott’s Swivel Head Deburring Tool for cleaning up 3D prints
- Scott’s 3D printed Center Finders
- Scott’s 3D printed Razor Blade Handle for lifting prints and cleaning glass 3D printer beds. Scott suggests grinding, sanding, or filing the corners off the razors to protect the bed.
- GailJo’s 3D printed 3D Printer Nozzle Cleaner
- Rick: Aideepen Mega328 Transistor Capacitance Battery Tester and very nice 3D printed case
- X10 tools from Rick’s presentation
About Workshop 88
Workshop 88 is a makerspace in Glen Ellyn Illinois. We are more than a workshop, we are a growing community of creative talented people who aspire to learn and share knowledge, experiences, and projects.
Never miss a tip or project! Follow our blog at www.Workshop88.com, subscribe to Workshop88’s YouTube channel, like us on Facebook, follow us Twitter and join or support our maker community by contributing to Workshop88 on Patreon!
To find out about upcoming events follow Workshop88 on Meetup.
Have a question? email us at info@Workshop88.com