We have some great news! Workshop 88 will be able to offer the Teknistas Inventing Lab programs free of charge in 2015–the $330 Tuition and the $100 materials fee will be covered by a grant from Cognizant Making the Future program. In addition, we have opened up the age range to include 8- and 9-year-olds due to the enthusiastic participation of some young but crafty and creative kids at our September preview workshop. The girls will start with a Halloween project and I can’t wait to see how they light up their costumes, make candy glow, decorate their front doors, and invent other things we haven’t thought of!
Just as a reminder, the LED Circuit Crafts program that will be held Wednesdays 4:30-6:30 Oct. 7-November 4. If you have a daughter age 8-12 who loves crafts, please encourage her to apply for one of the remaining four slots.
I’d love to see girls in our community take advantage of this great program while the cost is subsidized by a grant. We need your application by Monday or Tuesday of next week at the latest.
Click on this link to download the brochure & application (you can disregard the tuition & materals costs):
P.S. Some parents have expressed interest in trading pick-up vs. drop-off duties so we can put families in touch with each other once we finalize the admissions.
- W88 Laser Cutter First Steps
- Shapeoko 2 Calibration Tests
- Announcing – Teknista Inventing Lab for girls ages 10-12
- At Southland Mini Maker Faire
- Making a replacement extruder for the Workshop 88 Kossel Clear Delta printer.
- Dale Dougherty at Workshop 88 – TONIGHT!
- Cognizant awards a Making the Future grant to support Workshop 88 outreach to girls
- Book #2
- First Try at Bookbinding