Workshop 88 joined many other makers at the River Forest Public Library’s first Maker-Fest on 10/7/17. The Drawbot got lots of attention, and decorated the shelves with its drawings.
While maker events and makerspaces are a growing phenomenon at libraries, and River Forest has considered what it can do, its beautiful old building just doesn’t have room for a space. But Ethan Baehrend, as part of his Eagle Scout mission, encouraged the library to host this Fest, both to provide a maker event for area residents and to help the library gauge interest so it can best serve its users. The event was a success on all fronts.
The Drawbot was in good form with its new aluminum-and-teflon pen holder, and generated lots of artwork, as well as interest among visitors. Here are some pics of its output.
- Why Workshop 88 Rocks
- Winfield Library Build-A-Flute Workshop
- Prusa i3 MK2S 3D printer kit assembly time lapse videos
- Maker of CamBam supports Workshop 88 makerspace!
- Visit to Solid State Depot, Boulder Colorado
- 3D Printing PLA on a flexible metal build plate
- W88 Class – Intro to Electrical Circuits and Measurement (Jan 14 and Jan 21)
- New at Workshop 88
- Last night at Workshop 88