Check out the December 22, 2020 Workshop 88 Maker Meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_iZNCfRGe8
This week’s episode featured:
- Phil has an exciting update on his tracking and pursuit of radiosondes.
- Jim shares his experiences with import 7 segment LED displays and the steps he’s taken to increase reliability.
- Andrew’s inadvertent car battery charging Bluetooth hack
- Andrew shared laser cut ellipses that when put together perpendicularly form a novel shape that can roll freely
- Jim referenced a poem called The Deacon’s Masterpiece, or The Wonderful “One-Hoss-Shay” by Oliver Wendell Holmes an ode to perfect engineering – every part as strong as the rest, which led to a discussion of Henry Petroski’s books.
- GailJo started a discussion about “The Christmas Star” conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter (which brought us back to Andrew’s car battery in the end)
- We welcomed MACE, Workshop 88’s newest Patreon member.
(You can join us from anywhere too!)
More details and links can be found on the December 22, 2020 Maker Meeting Workshop 88 page.
Workshop 88 is a makerspace in Glen Ellyn Illinois. We are more than a workshop, we are a growing community of creative talented people who aspire to learn and share knowledge, experiences, and projects.
Never miss a tip or project! Follow our blog at www.Workshop88.com, subscribe to Workshop88’s YouTube channel, like us on Facebook, follow us Twitter and join or support our maker community by contributing to Workshop88 on Patreon!
To find out about upcoming events follow Workshop88 on Meetup.
Have a question? email us at info@Workshop88.com