Introduction – Workshop 88 is a makerspace in Glen Ellyn Illinois. We are more than a workshop, we are a growing community of creative talented people who aspire to learn and share their insights, experiences, and projects.
This is the first ever Workshop 88 Makers Round-table on Zoom where we plan to share our projects, ideas, and related resources. The attendees and agenda are below, the meeting will be recorded and hosted on YouTube, and resources like links and other related information can be found here after the event.
- Andrew Morrison
- Scott Williamson
- Jim Williams
- Tom Matukas
- Gail Jo Kelley
- Rick Stewart
Show and tell time!
Each session will target 10 minutes for show and tell and 5 minutes for Q&A
7:05pm – Scott Williamson to share FPV (First-person view) drone insights, including his 3D printed Peon230 hand built drone, tiny HD “Whoop” drone, transmitter, goggles, headset, display, and an overview of the hardware and software components including Betaflight configurator and black box.
7:20pm – Jim Williams shared magnetic visualization film and interesting phenomenon with flexible sheet “refrigerator magnets”.
Tonight’s discussion topics
8:15pm – Dealing with Joy-Con Drift – Can I replace the joystick myself with a kit?
Game Console: Nintendo Switch
Video Watched to learn how to replace the joy stick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMHl7GwbEb0
Replacement Kit ordered on Amazon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMHl7GwbEb0
- YouTube link to this event
- YouTube videos of Scott’s 2002 RC DVD: Naked RC Goin’ Wild (rated PG for language)
- RealFlight RC Simulator
- Mini toy quadcopters: Cheerson CX-10
- 3D printable quadcopter Peon230 quadcopter on Thingiverse
- YouTube: Peon230 assembly
- YouTube: Peon230 FPV setup
- Happymodel Mobula6 HD (1080p) Whoop FPV drone
- Scott’s video from the first week of flying the Mobula6 HD and a close encounter with a dolly (hand truck):
- Betaflight firmware for quadcopters
- Eachine EV800D 5.8G 40CH Diversity FPV Goggles 5 Inch 800*480 Video Headset HD DVR Build in Battery starter box goggles ($87.99)
- Matek 5.8G 40CH 25/200/500mW switchable Video Transmitter VTX-HV with 5V/1A BEC Output for RC FPV Racing Drone ($28)
- Skyzone SKY02C Diversity 5.8GHz FPV Goggles upper mid grade goggles
- Flysky FS-i6 6CH 2.4GHz AFHDS RC Transmitter w/FS-iA6B Receiver RC Transmitter ($50)
- YouTube upgrade Flysky FS-i6 trasmitter from 6 channels to 10 channels
- YouTube Joshua Bardwell – great channel for tutorials, reviews, freestyle and all things FPV
- YouTube Rotor Riot – great FPV channel
Here is the BEC, ESC, Control, and motors I have on my FPVracing drone now ($83.30 on Banggood right now):
- http://www.banggood.com/4X-Racerstar-RS20A-20A-BLHELI_S-OPTO-2-4S-ESC-Support-Oneshot42-Multishot-for-FPV-Racing-p-1064324.html?rmmds=cart_middle_products (I’m using 30A but probably not even close to using them)
Here is what I’d get today ($80.97 on Banggood right now).
- F4 instead of F3 acro controller with built in BEC http://www.banggood.com/9g-30_5x30_5mm-Omnibus-F4-Flight-Controller-AIO-OSD-5V-BEC-Current-Sensor-for-RC-FPV-Racing-Drone-p-1226610.html?rmmds=cart_middle_products
- 4x 20A ESC’s in one module http://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-RS20Ax4-20A-4-in-1-Blheli_S-Opto-ESC-2-4S-Support-Dshot150-Dshot300-for-RC-FPV-Racing-Drone-p-1068210.html?rmmds=cart_middle_products
- Same motors http://www.banggood.com/4X-Racerstar-Racing-Edition-1806-BR1806-2280KV-1-3S-Brushless-Motor-CWCCW-For-QAV250-ZMR250-260-p-1073527.html?rmmds=cart_middle_products
- Repeat? weekly, fortnightly, monthly?
- How to better manage and announce the agenda? (post or page?)
- How to manage the growing backlog of topics and segment ideas