Come join us on Thursday nights for our weekly virtual open house discussions on Zoom. We welcome makers, tinkerers, builders, artists, and all those who are curious to come chat with us about what you are making and doing.
See all the details and information either on Meetup or on Patreon!
(If all else fails, please send an email to email@example.com.)
Our first meeting of the new year will be held on January 4th, at 6:30 PM. We’re going to meet on the main floor of the Boilerhouse Cafe at North Central College (29 N Loomis St, Naperville, IL 60540).
As always, this meeting is open to the public, so if you’re interested in what we’re doing, we encourage you to come out and share your ideas!
This meeting is an important one for several reasons:
- It will be our first meeting as an official entity! Adam and Jay did a great job getting the paperwork filled out and submitted last week, so Workshop 88 is actually a legal entity!
- We’ll be collecting dues for the first time. This has some bearing on the next point.
- We’ll be electing officers and committee chairs. If you’re interested in serving in one of these positions, and you haven’t told us yet, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how you want to help! To vote in this election, you’ll need to pay for a full membership ($50 per month, or $500 per year). If you want to contribute, but can’t afford the $50/month, there is also a $25/month supporting membership that doesn’t come with voting rights.
- We’ll be approving our bylaws. This document will lay out the membership privileges, operating procedures, things like that.
I’m continuing two traditions with this post, neither of which I’m proud of.
1) It is rather late notice, yet again, though we did send out email announcing this meeting a couple of weeks ago.
2) Upon looking back at the previous meeting announcements, I noticed I’ve used a different date format for each one. So here’s yet another one, just to confuse your calendar a bit more.
EDIT: Okay, three traditions! I’ve forgotten to put the time in the post as well… 6:30 PM.
Here’s the agenda for this evening. We’ll be meeting at North Central College again, on the main floor of the White Academic Center (the same place as the meeting on the 7th). We should have the place mostly to ourselves again. If you can’t make it because of holiday commitments, we’ll see you after the new year!
The link below has some more details (and I don’t believe you need a Facebook account to view it.).
Facebook Event Page
The agenda for tomorrow’s meeting is posted on the Workshop 88 wiki:
The abbreviated version is included below:
The meeting notes will be posted on the same page after the meeting.
We’ll be having a planning meeting on Monday, November 23, at 6:30. We’ll be meeting at the North Central College Boilerhouse (29 N Loomis St Naperville, IL 60540).
If you’re interested in being part of the planning process, feel free to drop by.
Look for the Workshop 88 logo, stop by and introduce yourself! If you know you’re planning on being there, leave a note in the comments and we’ll look for you.
Some of the things we’ll be discussing:
- Legal structure of the hackerspace
- Membership structure and guidelines
- Work that still needs to be done to build out our online presence
- Current projects
For more information, or to be added to our mailing list, please email email@example.com.